Active Geelong and Barwon Health are proud to present a free workshop ‘Creating Thriving Workplaces Through Physical Activity’ November 19.
- Hear from our keynote speaker Dr Megan Teychenne, Senior Lecturer, Institute for Physical Activity and Nutrition (IPAN), Deakin University, as she discusses the evidence linking physical activity, sedentary behaviour & mental health.
- Explore practical tips for reducing workplace sedentary time from Kylie Milward, Active Geelong advocate & Barwon Health exercise physiologist .
- Find out how Barwon Health, Active Geelong and Cancer Council Victoria – Healthy Workplaces Achievement Program, can assist your workplace to improve the health of your employees.
- Take the opportunity to network, brainstorm, share stories, explore strategies & hear the successes & learnings from those currently working in the field.
Date: Tuesday 19 November 2019
Location: Saint Mary’s Library & Research Centre, 190-192 Myers Street, Geelong.
Event time: 9.00AM-11.30AM
- Increase knowledge of physical activity & its relevance to employee health
- Explore the role that physical activity has on the mental health of employees.
- Highlight the opportunities, simple strategies & services that workplaces have to improve the physical & mental health of employees.
- Share experiences & strategies between local businesses
Who should attend?
This workshop is essential for:
- Businesses of all sizes, employers, decision makers & employees in the G21 region
- People & Culture, HR, OH&S
- Employee health & well being representatives
- Corporate health providers