We recently presented a FREE workshop with Barwon Health on physical activity in workplaces and its benefits!
It was fantastic to have so many representatives attend, meaning businesses are placing more importance on improving the health of employees through the Barwon Health, Active Geelong and Cancer Council Vic Healthy Workplaces Achievement program.
Attendees took the opportunity to network, brainstorm, share stories, explore strategies & hear the successes & learnings from those currently working in the field including:
- Physical activity & its relevance to employee health.
- The role that physical activity has on the mental health of employees.
- The opportunities, simple strategies & services that workplaces have to improve the physical & mental health of employees.
Keynote speaker Dr Megan Teychenne, Senior Lecturer, Institute for Physical Activity and Nutrition (IPAN), Deakin University discussed the evidence linking physical activity, sedentary behaviour & mental health.
Active Geelong advocate & Barwon Health exercise physiologist, Kylie Milward also explored practical tips for reducing workplace sedentary time.
This workshop was essential for:
– Businesses of all sizes, employers, decision makers & employees in the G21 region
– People & Culture, HR, OH&S
– Employee health & well being representatives
– Corporate health providers
To be inspired and connected to the latest information about Active Geelong so you don’t miss out on these workshops, click here.