- View the material in the website
- Access material contained in the website
- Use the website in any other way that is permitted by this licence or these terms
You may only download and use any material contained on the website:
- for the purpose it is intended (such as for display in your workplace, for personal use, etc.); or
- for the purpose of transacting business with Active Geelong; or
- as a personal record of business which you have transacted with Active Geelong; and for no other purpose
- Not to use any material on the website for a commercial purpose, or copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, link to, frame, adapt, alter, vary or modify any material on the website except as expressly authorised by these terms or with the written consent of Active Geelong but if you are an internet service provider, you may supply materials on this website to your subscriber.
- Not to use the website for any illegal activity or in a way which defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends any person, or inhibits or restricts the use of the website by any other person.
- Not to make any false statement request or claim to Active Geelong.
- Not to use another person’s name, user name or password to access the website or receive services offered by Active Geelong.
- Not to knowingly transmit any virus or disruptive or disabling feature to Active Geelong.
- Not to permit any other person to do any of the things which you agree not to do.
- That Active Geelong can use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt or transmit any information which you post on the website or transmit to Active Geelong, without restriction and free of charge, subject to the Active Geelong Privacy Statement.
- To indemnify and keep indemnified Active Geelong against all liabilities, damages, claims, losses, costs and expenses which Active Geelong may incur to you or any other person as a result of your breach of the provisions of these terms.
Active Geelong does not warrant that the material on this website is accurate, complete or up to date. Active Geelong does not warrant that this website or any third party website will be uninterrupted or without error or defect or virus or other harmful component or that any error, defect or virus or other harmful component will be corrected. Active Geelong has no obligation to provide access to this website at any time or at all. Active Geelong may vary, amend, alter, or withdraw this website at any time. Active Geelong may at any time, and without notice, limit or terminate access of a user to this website. You agree that Active Geelong is not responsible or liable for:
- any error or omission relating to the material contained in this website, or
- you acting or relying on the material on this website, or
- any delay or interruption to your access to this website, or
- damage to computer hardware or software or loss of information stored on a computer arising out of your access to this website or any third party site by a link from this website.
Restrictions on use
All information provided on this website has been provided for personal and non-commercial use. It is general information only, and should not be relied upon in lieu of professional medical advice.
Please consult your health care provider if you have, or suspect you have, a health problem.
The information on this website is obtained and developed from a variety of sources including but not limited to collaborations with third parties and information provided by third parties under licence. Where the health information provided has been developed by Active Geelong, whether in its own right or in conjunction with any third party, that information is based on independent research and the available scientific evidence at the time of writing. Inclusion of information on this website or links to third party sites is not an endorsement of any organisation, product or service.
While care has been taken in preparing the content of the health material and any other information provided on this website, Active Geelong and its employees, related parties, directors, officers, committee members, honoraries, research fellows, servants, agents, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors and collaborators cannot accept any liability, including for any loss or damage, resulting from the reliance on the content, or for its accuracy, currency and completeness.
Any use of Active Geelong materials or information by another person or organisation is at the user’s own risk.
Intellectual property rights
Copyright in the material on this website is owned or controlled by Active Geelong. “Active Geelong” and the Active Geelong mark or logo and any associated trademarks are the property of Active Geelong.
Changes to these terms
Jurisdiction and geographic limits
- Active Geelong means Active Geelong Limited (ABN 20 619 281 775) and all or any of its related bodies corporate within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2000 (Commonwealth) and includes its officers employees and agents.
- link means any mechanism for providing a link or transfer from one location on the Internet (or a web page) to another location on the Internet (or a different web page or a different location on the same web page), and includes any mechanism for linking to, or providing access to, files via the Internet.
- material refers to any word, statement, photograph, graphic or any other thing appearing on or located on the website.
- third party site means any website owned or controlled by any person other than Active Geelong.
- we, us, our (or any variation thereof) means or is a reference to Active Geelong.
- the or this website means activegeelong.org.au or any variation of this domain name or any web page or material which can be accessed through activegeelong.org.au which is owned or controlled by Active Geelong.
- user, you or your (or any variation thereof) means or is a reference to a user of this website.